Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Wednesday trends - shaker card with sequins


 
Hello Everyone!  Since it is my week on the  There She Goes blog  I am the one to bring you the Wednesday trends. My first thought was to make something using watercolors which I love and which is quite trendy right now but after seeing some cool shaker cards on some of my favorite blogs I decided I wanted to make my version of it - and hopefull inspire you to make your personal shaker card. They are so fun to make and so cool to give away. This is for my niece who starts school in the fall.
 
I diecut the star both through the patterned paper but also through a piece of craft foam that I glued to a piece of black cardstock. I stamped and trimmed an image from Believe in you  and adhered to the center of the star.  I then attached transparent OH film to the back of the patterned cardstock, filled the star with diecut cardstock letters before adhereing the window part to the black background.. Make sure you let the glue dry completely before you start shaking your card. (I was too eager to try so I had to redo it all because my letters got stuck in sticky the edges of the star )-: )

 
 Have a great day, and hope to see you again on Friday when I'm back with an ABC Project!
Wishing you all a wonderful day, hugs, Karin
 

7 comments:

Jay Gee said...

So adorable Karin! The letter confetti is brilliant :)

Annette Allen said...

aww this is so perfect.. i love it..

patscrap said...

Love this beautiful shaker card.

KT Fit Kitty said...

I love this! Thank you for explaining how you created the shaker card. I have never made one. It's gorgeous and your niece will love it!

KT Fit Kitty
My blog: http://ktdesigns2013.blogspot.ca/

Marybeth said...

I love that you added die cut letters for this adorable shaker card ! What a great idea, perfect with the girl reading! Sooo creative!

Grá O'Neill said...

Gorgeous shaker card, love the diecut letter confetti. Must give something like this a go :)

Lisa Elton said...

This knocked my socks off Karin!!! The frog prince paper is SO CUTE. Fabulous design!!!