Sunday, March 1, 2015

Garlics


Oh, how much easier it is to loosen up when you use scrap paper - or think you do (-: I played around with these garlics on a piece of thin paper that I found among some other scrap papers I'd bought at a local paper store here in Gothenburg. It felt like it would be good to paint on so I did and I really liked the way it absorbed the paint.



So with hopes of buying a whole packet of this paper to practice on, I went back to the store. It turned out that that paper was even more expensive than my best Arches paper )-:

If you want to see more of my watercolors you can either click the "My Watercolors" button in the top list or in my Watercolors file on Pinterest; http://www.pinterest.com/peppermint42/watercolors


 (OBS - the paintings there are not only by me, though I wish because I've collected some favorites)

Have a great Sunday, hugs, Karin


6 comments:

Sarah G said...

Love the rich colour that you have got with this paper - how typical that it is more expensive than your usual 'good stuff'!

Dee said...

Absolutely Beautiful! You inspired me to play with watercolors!

Roxy said...

Beautiful! Apparently we need to see more of your watercoloing.

I Card Everyone said...

I really would be hard pressed to choose which I like more: real or your painted ones!
=] Michele

Annette Allen said...

WOW Karin your really amazing.. this is stunning..

Kara Lynne said...

Your painting is wonderful! Too bad the paper costs more!