It is wonderful to be on Christmas break because this is when I find time to surf the internet and discover new ideas and in this case - a new challenge: Leslie Saeta's 30 in 30 days painting challenge. You can read all about it here; https://www.saetastudio.com/30-in-30.html
I will try to make my own prompts and am starting out with one : Gradient shadows inspired by artists like Thomas W Shaller and Anne Abgott list. (photo credit to pinterest pic on photography and shadow) But till I've put it together I will try to combine this with the prompts from my dear Worldwatercolorgroup!
Just want something new to try? Check out these fun and creative “anytime” prompts courtesy of Laura at Create Art Everyday and spark that creativity!
- Inspired by a working artist
- Something entirely abstract
- Something with eyes
- Something monochromatic
- Something in only two colors
- Something in only three colors
- Something wet in wet
- Something featuring water! (of course!)
- Something done en plein air
- Something that you made because you were inspired by someone else’s post
- Something to eat
- Something in your favorite color
- Something in a color you dislike
- Something geometric
- Something with no drawing underneath
- Something done with only 31 brushstrokes or less
- Something done entirely with a very large brush
- Something done entirely with a very small brush
- Something done in mixed media with watercolor as a feature
- Something done in line and wash style
- Something done in XX minutes or less (as a challenge)
- Something done on a paper or surface that is new for you
- Something featuring a bird (had to throw this in for DABD)
- Something featuring one or more letters, numbers or words
- Something inspired by a book, video, or by a working artist
- Something inspired by one of the Old Masters
- Something done using a color you’ve never used in a painting Before
The good thing is that it is not about completing 30 finished paintings but to motivate yourself to make some time for painting every day - even if it is only for a few minutes.I am looking forward to this and here is my first one.
Have a great day!