Monday, November 8, 2010

Mini-Notebook and Pencil




I've had this cute little book of nail files in my handbag for forever - don't know why really because I think you can tell that manicure is not one of my priorities in life o-: .
Anyway, a while ago I looked at it and thought the simple constuction, the way it closes was really neat and perhaps it would work fine for a little notepad so I decided to try. Here's how I made it:

I used patterned doubblesided cardstock from Webster's pages' Christmas pad. Cut a 6 (15,2cm) x 2 3/4 (7cm) big piece  and folded it at 3/4 (2cm) and at 3 1/2 (9cm)




















I cut 10 pieces of 2 1/2 (6,5 cm) x 2 1/8 (5,5 cm) white 80g paper.
Decorated them with stamping ( I used part of Arkivet's "Wish upon a star" stamp). Fastened them under the top fold with a stapler.
Wanted a little pen to go with it and thought first of the ones that you get at the golfcourse - but then I found a pencil from IKEA (that I seem to be collecting every time we go there o-: ) that would go great with it , but since this would make a nice stocking filler or present in an advent calendar I had to cover the logo!!!



No comments: