Friday, April 6, 2012

Have a Cosy Christmas


I know - making a Christmas Card right in the middle of Easter Holidays is crazy - but for Lawnscapings Coloring challenge I wanted to make something where I got to do a lot of coloring and created this little scene. Hope I'm not disqualified!!
If you want more "springy" cards or if you are doing the Lawnscaping Blog Hop, please scroll down one post.



I'm also entering this card for the Household and non paperscraps challenge at Moxie Fab world. To build up this scene I used scraps of  insulation tape that Mikael was just about to throw away after having worked on our new windows. I discovered that this tape is actually much better than my ordinary 3d pads, for multi layered cards like this, because it is half as thick so the scene doesn't stand out as much. It was cheap anyway (-: so in the future I might visit his carpenter's box a bit more often than usual!!!
 It's also for the "Favorite tool challenge" at Simon Says Stamp (I couldn't live without my large "household" scissors - they are the best when cutting out images like these) and the "Anything goes" challenges at Papertake Weekly and and ABC dt challenge .

Have a wonderful Easter, hugs, Karin

23 comments:

Lisa T said...

Your card is adorable!!

Annette Allen said...

so cute...I love that you made a Christmas card...super duper cute..

CanadianScraps43 said...

This is such a cute whimiscal card and you did a wonderful coloring job.

Sara said...

It is good to make Christmas cards year round to stock up :) The coloring is awesome!!!

Tamara said...

OMG, I live this one too!! TFS xx Tamara

Jessi Fogan said...

Fabulous, Karin! I use the tape all the time, since it's so much cheaper - and just double when you want something 'taller'. Voila!
This scene is incredible - I love the twine detail & those happy little pets waiting for Santa :)

Gerdine said...

Love it! It is such an original Christmas Card!!

Sabine said...

This is so adorable! I just bought this set and did´nt use it yet...but I think I´ll make my first Christmas card right now!Beautiful coloring!

maria f. said...

What a wonderfully cozy card! Love the muted colors.

Anonymous said...

An adorable card Karin; such a sweet image!

Thanks for playing along with us at Papertake Weekly this week and good luck!
xx

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Karin! Thanks for linking this up to the Household Items Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey again, Karin! Thanks also for linking this up to the Don't Throw it Away Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Yainea said...

Love the warm coloring on this card, is perfect for the sentiment! So cute!

JJ Bolton said...

I love your little Christmas scene:). And call me crazy but I love working on and seeing Christmas cards out of season. Too cute!

Hope you have a great Easter Karin!

Joy said...

Too too adorable for words Karin, love it... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

Jenny said...

Your Lawn Fawn scenes are always so detailed and immaculate Karin.... No exception here, I love the Christmas fireside :0)
Jenny x

Auntie Em said...

Lovely card! You will be all ready for the holidays when the time comes.

I love all the fussy cutting you did and how they are all layered. Great design.

Happy Holidays whatever you are celebrating! :)

Sheri Gilson said...

Lovely Christmas card!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ABC Toys & Crafts DT Challenge this month!!
~Sheri

Sarah Bennett said...

Adorable card! I love how you used the twine to hang the stockings. Thanks so much for joining us again for the ABC DT challenge!

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW this is so cute.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
luv
Debby

Julia Aston said...

What fun stamps Karin! love the little popped up scene you created - the cookies on the mantel just crack me up!

Danielle said...

This card is so sweet! Your coloring is amazing, and I love all the dimension! Thanks for joining us at Lawnscaping :)

Kelly S. said...

This is the cutest card EVER in the history of the WORLD! And there is even gingham WALLPAPER :) So adorable, Karin!!!!!