Sunday, June 1, 2014

Sunday Watercolors



After having had a lot of fun with my dog sketches I wanted to try painting a sheep, thinking it would be as easy as the dogs, but oh no - a lot of work behind this one...


...also, I've been practising "looseness" which I find so difficult - but it is funny how much easier it is to paint loose when doing something that is intended for the bin (-: Here I was using a scrap piece of bad wc paper, intended to just mix my colors on... It would need a lot more work to become a painting, but I still wanted to share it. I hope that when this year is over I'll be able to look back at my wc posts and see some developement  (-:

Hugs, Karin

8 comments:

Kara said...

Your watercolors are amazing!

LauraJane:) said...

The sheep reminds me of the flock that lived in the fields next door to me while growing up.
LOVELY work Karin.

Indy's Designs said...

Just love seeing your weekly work! Love the sheep! There are sheep by my elementary school where I teach. I dearly love watching as the lambs are born! Just love their long, spindly black legs and their playful antics. Today, as it happened, I was able to watch the sheep being sheered. Again, great work!
Hugs,
Debbie

P.S.
Has your school year ended yet? Only three more days here!

Lisa Elton said...

Ummm...WOW!!!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow.... I mean sheep!! Love your talent. Amazing. I have money, can I buy it? Lol

Ellen Bornstein said...

I think your watercolors are lovely.

Miriam Prantner said...

Oh wow! That sheep is so striking, gorgeous!!!

Dotty Jo said...

'OMG - FABULOUS!', she shouted while jumping up and down!