Saturday, November 14, 2015

Guest Designing for Virginia's View Challenge #2




Hi Everyone!
Today I'm back with Another post as guest designer for one of my absolute favorite challenges;  Virginia's View - I'm having so much fun with this month's theme - texture:
Beacause of the season I decided to go with two different types of snow fall textures.Yesterday I shared a card using embossing paste to create snowfall texture and for today's card I used an embossing folder: 





Supply list:

Stamps: MFT PI
 Sizzix Christmas Words and Dots Set by Hero Textured Impressions Embossing Folders if not available any more - use ; Taylored Expressions

If you haven't played along yet I hope I've inspired you to do so - check out all the info you need HERE - you can win a gift card for Simon Says Stamp - YIPPIE!!!

Here are some suggestions for ways to get texture on your cards from Virginia's blog:  Gesso, acrylic paints, textured/embossing paste, sandpaper, dry embossing (use those old/new embossing folders!!), embossing powder, cork, burlap, fabric, canvas, felt, wood-grain, DIY textures (using Crimper or score board, embossing folders) OR simply use any textured paper....the sky is the limit!

http://virginiasviewchallenge.blogspot.com/2015/11/guest-designer-karin-akesdotter-part-2.html

I was also inspired by a Swedish song: Hej Mitt Vinterland - So I'm entering this for  Copics Sweden's Challenge and I also Think it fits the "Thinking of You" challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge and I'm also entering this card for Copic Marker Europe's Christmas Challenge.


Wishing you a wonderful day!

Hugs, Karin

9 comments:

Gerdine said...

Great card! Love the background! It really looks like snow, great effect.

debby4000 said...

Absolutely gorgeous.
luv
Debby

I Card Everyone said...

Well there you have it! My all-time favorite - embossing folder! I am also crushing on that darling blue/red/white cardinal paper, Karin - so pretty! Darling girl... and your card is darling, too!
=]

Cindy H. said...

So sweet and adorable! The patterned paper looks perfect for this little scene.

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a sweet card! I love the embossed snow and the coloring!

Lisa said...

I am so SMITTEN with this card!!! Oh my goodness, so much cuteness going on here Karin!!

Jo Nevill said...

What a gorgeous card ! I love the colours you have used and your colouring is amazing. Such a lovely sweet image too.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Karin! Super cute and so beautifully coloured.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Mandy xx

Lisa InkyWings said...

åhh, passar utmärkt till den sången! Så gulligt kort!

Tack för att du är med i vår utmaning hos Copic Marker Sverige!
/Lisa - DT