Saturday, February 18, 2017

Sunday Watercolor: Hibiscus

It is Sunday and I'm here to share a new watercolor.



I've had a lot of questions lately on what colors I use and if I work from photographs. I shared my palette of favorite colors in this post: HERE - And yes, I work from photos but - as you can see - often make changes to them - this was a picture I took on a vacation to southern Italy  a few years ago and that has been in my inspiration folder since then.

I use Winsor Newtons Professional watercolors and Daniel Smith's extra fine watercolors. The paper I use is 140lb Arches rough or fine.


I also share my watercolors and cards here:  My Instagram


FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM !
If you want to see more of my watercolors, you can view them HERE or in my PINTEREST FOLDER

Have a greatday, hugs, Karin

5 comments:

Happy Dance said...

Thanks for sharing! Your hibiscus is really lovely. If you don't mind me saying, your works are always an inspiration, and I leisurely spend time examining every aspect. I'm in awe of your talent. Bev

Mellowood Gallery said...

A really lovely painting! I especially like the lost edge on the top of the flower.

creatingincolors said...

What a gorgeous painting. The details are amazing.

Lisa Elton said...

This is spectacular Karin!!

Miriam Prantner said...

Such a wow piece! I love the vibrancy and the contrast between the flower and the background, so beautiful!