Thursday, March 1, 2012

Things I'm excited about!

No new card today but can't help but post this anyway; a picture I found on one of my favorite Lawn Fawn artists, Yainea's blog taken by the super sweet and talented Laurel Beard -a picture I'm so childishly excited about. (Thanks so much Laurel for letting me use it here!)  I wish I could have gone to CHA in person, but at least I can say that I had a card there - and you can see it HERE;



If you like Lawn Fawn stamps as much as I do - don't forget the 6th of April - that's the date for the next Lawnscaping blog hop - wonderful spring cards inspiration and fabulous prizes can be promised!!!!



While I'm at it I might as well show you two projects I had published in CARDS magazine's December issue that I still haven't blogged about;






and one more thing I'm excited about:


Last week I got the Liebster blog award from two wonderful artists; JJ Bolton and Elena Roussakis. - (edited 29th  - and from sweet Kristen of Creative Syzgy) Made my days to read such sweet words about my blog and cards!  Thank you so much!!!
I just have to tell you that when I received it from JJ I started making a list of five people to forward it to, one for each of my 5 favorite stamp companies and I had Elena for Lawn Fawn and Kara for PTI, but then the next day I saw that Kara  had just received it from someone else and the day after I got this from Elena, so I decided to skip that line and passing the award on by putting together a  list of dream qualities I wish I had.
It would be wonderful if I could:

Scrapbook like;
Shien Shien, Tamara and Angela Fehr
Make as cool and creative cards as: Jenny, Emily, Melania and Judith
Color like: Cathy Fong and Yainea
and make as elegant, clean and professional cards as: Kara.

(I can assure you my wish list could go on and on, but if I had all these amazing qualities I think I'd be the best papercrafter around - don't you think!!!??? )
I am so grateful for all the wonderful inspiration I get from these amazingly talented artists and from everyone else that share their talent on blogs – It's such a nice, inspiring and encouraging community to be part of – thank you all!
Have a wonderful day, big hugs, Karin.


15 comments:

Jay Gee said...

Oh Karin congratulations x 3! Your cards are just beautiful... LOVE the doily one. Thank you for giving me the award and for your sweet comments. Hugs Judith

Jay Gee said...

Oops... got a little impatient and pressed enter too many times :)

Jenny said...

I was so pleased your card was chosen for CHA....how exciting to see it on display...I'd love to visit one day too!
Your on a roll my friend with these too beauties being published as well and thank you so much for your kind words Karin, I so enjoy sharing the craft blog experience with all my wonderful friends...you're right, we learn from each other :0)
Jenny x

Jessi Fogan said...

I don't think it's childish at all to be so thrilled! So many people were thrilled FOR you, me included, that it'd be silly not to be happy yourself :)
I love the rosette tag - my goodness, the base is lovely! - and the fun money card! And congratulations on the Liebster blog award - I was pretty excited to get one too :) And I like the fun take you have on the linking...can't wait to go check these people out :)

Rachel said...

i was able to spot your card in the photo instantly! thats so exciting to see the photo. congrats on all these great recognitions!

-rachel w k
rwkrafts.blogspot.com

Lisa Elton said...

Love seeing your card in their cute CHA display Karin! Congrats on your publication and the Liebster award ;)

Lin said...

Congratulations all around, Karin! You must be on a roll, because you're featured as one of the Fab Five today at Hero Arts!! Not surprised at any of this, I love your style!

Angela Fehr said...

I love all of these projects - you have such a lovely distinctive style!
Thank you so much for the award - now I'm thinking I'll need to check out the other ladies you nominated!

Annette Allen said...

congrats on being published...these are all amazing...

Marybeth said...

Love the cards that went in the magazine I can see why they picked yours. Congrats on everything! WTG

Yainea said...

First of all: Congrats!! I'm very happy for you, lovely projects!
I'm very honored you picked my blog as one of your favorites, thank you very much! I'm very excited about my card at CHA too and I'm so glad you can share this pic on your blog :)

Linda Beeson said...

Wow, I am in love with that wonderful doily shape on your published card! NICE!

Kara said...

Thank you so much for your kind words about my blog!! It's no secret how much I admire your work...just look at my pinterest;) Thanks again!!

Chunyuan said...

Congrats to have a card displayed at the CHA! Also love the cards went to CARDs magazine.

Emily Leiphart said...

You are so sweet, Karin! Thank you for the award. I'm so proud of you for having a card shown at the Lawn Fawn booth at CHA! That is one incredible card, a total work of art that should be framed!!