Sunday, September 29, 2019

Guest Designing for Spellbinders: Candlewick Sampler collection by Becca Feeken


Hi Everyone!


I am super thrilled to be here today to share some projects that I’ve made with the absolutely wonderful Candlewick Sampler collection by Becca Feeken. These dies are absolutely amazing – so intricate and beautiful. I love that they can be used all year round - they will be wonderful for stylish and/or vintage, wintry designs but also for CAS more summery designs like the ones I'm sharing today.

I start out by sharing a card that when I made it felt so much "Me"  (-: and then I realized it must be because it reminds me of my own birthdays as a little girl. My birthday is in April  I would always get a bouquet of Liverwort flowers in a small vase on my birthday breakfast tray. And I just LOVED them! And the flowers I made here look just like them!



To make my flowers I used the flower dies from Candlewick Corners and Cinch and Go Rosebuds and diecut them from turquoise cardstock that I then inked with Distress Ink: Salty Ocean and Chipped saphire. I then added a white pearl to the center and used white gouach paint for the pistils.




For my scallopped panel I used a border die from Candlewick Borders. I love how it adds dimension and texture to this otherwise CAS card design.



My second card is probably my favorite. I absolutely LOVE the A Frame . Here I used it to frame a window for my sentiment. I think this design would be perfect for a stylish Wedding Card.

I started out by cutting a panel from polka dot embossed cardstock and then , with my diecut frame as a guide - cut our a windoe before adhereing the die cut A Frame around it.
I the added some flowers that I had die cut and inked using dies from Candlewick Grand Pockets and Cinch and Go Rosebud.


My last card is a summery happy design - it is also very easy to make thanks to the amazingly beautiful and intricate die; Quick Lace Card Cardfront. It is a joy each time I roll this die through my diecutting machine!!! It will create beautiful texture for a white on white stylish card but here I wanted some bright colors. I think this is a lovely background for the sweet little flowers I created using the smallest flower from Candlewick Corners.

I diecut the flowers from white cardstock and then colored them with copic markers and then added the small pistils with white gouach. 



Hope you are inspired to make something beautiful with this collection  - You can find lots of more wonderful inspiration on the Spellbinders blog that you find HERE.



These are the wonderful Spellbinder products I used for my projects:


Sentiment stamps from Simon Says Stamp and Lawn Fawn




I also share my cards and watercolors here:  My Instagram


https://www.instagram.com/peppermintpatty42/

Have a great day, hugs, Karin

3 comments:

Lin said...

Oh, those blue flowers, Karin! LOVE that card especially, it hits all my buttons!

Lisa Elton said...

Congratulation son guesting Karin! Your cards are delicate and lovely!

Jeanne said...

What a lovely memory you shared, Karin. So sweet. Your cards are gorgeous. I understand the dies make it easier, but it's the eye of the designer/artist that brings the most magic! Thank you for sharing!