Sunday, August 8, 2010

Hat and mitten embellishments!






For this week's color splash challenge at The Play Date Cafe they even encouraged us to submit sewn items, paintings, crochet, journal pages,knitted pieces, jewellery, etc and say that anything goes in The Play Date Cafe as long as you use their color story as the focus of your project this week.

So I decided to decorate my newly knitted Hat and mittens with flowers and leaves, using embellishments from my scrap drawer. The stones are much more "orangy" in reality, but I had to use the flash for these and then I think, because they are shiny,  they picked up lots of red tones from the yarn in the hat. Anyway, this is how it turned out:




You find the pattern for the hat and mittens HERE!

2 comments:

Sarah Anderson said...

Such a pretty embellishment! I love the scrap of fabric inside the flower. Projects of any media always appreciated at the play date cafe. Thanks for playing :)

Andrea Ewen said...

Wonderfully creative, if there is one thing I would like to learn, it's how to knit! Fabulous project! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!