Tuesday, September 6, 2016

MFT Etched florals - Watercoloring


Hello Everyone!

It is STAMPTEMBER at Simon Says Stamp and for the Monday challenge the theme is Stamping !
Since it is Anything goes at the SSS Wednesday Challenge I'm entering this there as well!!!




I heatembossed the etched floral bg from MFT with brown distress embossingpowder on watercolorpaper. I use Canson Montval 200gms which is good but very reasonably priced. I wouldn't use it for watercolor paintings, but for cardmaking it is perfect!
I then colored the flowers using a watercolor technique called layeringing which is when you first paint the flower one color and let it dry before adding another layer of the same color which creates a darker version of the same color. You then do this as many times as you need to get the dimension on the flower as you want.
I let it dry completely before I trimmed the panel. I then adhered it to a slightly larger creamcolored panel before attaching it to the cardbase with foam adhesive.




Have a great day, hugs, Karin



5 comments:

Jeanne said...

Fantastic card. I didn't know that technique had a name. Learned something new. The effect is gorgeous! And so is your card. :) Have a great week!

Lisa Elton said...

This is stunning Karin, beautifully done!!

Gayatri said...

LOVE the beautiful background. Love it. Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx

Shirley N said...

This is just stunning, your coloring is so beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing your technique. I can't wait to give it a try.

Emma Williams said...

This is just beautiful and your colouring is so pretty ~ a really gorgeous piece of art! Thanks for sharing your project and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)