Sunday, July 9, 2023

July inspiration on the LawnFawn blog

 Hi Everyone!

I'm here to share some inspiration on the LawnFawn blog. Today I have a super easy and fast lantern you can make for any party or late night dinner you're planning this summer. Since it is made from paper you, of course have to use battery driven candles. 



I started by cutting two pieces of cardstock 6½ x 4 1/4 and then scored them like in the picture below.




After they were scored I placed a scalloped edge die at the top and the garden window die at the center of one of the sides. I held the dies in place using postit notes and masking tape. I diecut windows through each of the sides. 
I then used the arch die that comes with the garden window set to cut perfect pieces vellum to place in the windows which I adhered with selhesive tape. I then assembled the two cardstock pieces (trimming away a folded side on each of them) using doublesided tape. .
Last I cut some flowers and leaves from the spring-flowers-backdrop-die  back drop die set, colored and added them to the lantern using glue dots.







The LawnFawn blog is such a great place with lots of inspiration for your papercraft projects.

Make sure to also pop over to the Lawn Fawnatics blog for lots of wonderful inspiration from my talented teamies and for all the info you need to play along with our challenge!  By entering a card you have the chance of winning a 50 $ gift card to the Lawn Fawn Store ! You also have the chance to have your card featured on the blog and on LawnFawn's instagram with more than 130 thousand followers! For even more LawnFawn inspiration visit the LawnFawn blog:
Image result for lawn fawn logo



Lawn Fawn Supplies used for this card:

Stamps and dies:
secret-garden-window
stitched-scalloped-borders


post-it masking

I also used:


I also share my cards and watercolors here:  My Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/peppermintpatty42/

Have a great day, hugs, Karin 










2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is just as pretty as it can be, Karin!

Jeanne said...

This is just beautiufl, Karin! Thanks so much for creating it and show us how to as well. :)