Sunday, April 5, 2015

Sunday Watercolors; Poppies

It is Sunday and today I have some poppies for you! I wanted to practise the layering technique which I love, but which I am often too restless to be successful with... (you need to wait for your first layer to dry completely before you add the next - Layering is the beauty of transparent watercolor but waiting is so, so difficult...






If you want to see more of my watercolors you can either click the "My Watercolors" button in the top list or in my Watercolors file on Pinterest; http://www.pinterest.com/peppermint42/watercolors - the paintings there are not only by me, though I wish because I've collected some favorites!
If I've used a reference photo it can most often be found in my "For paintings" folder on Pinterest.
Have a great Sunday, hugs, Karin

6 comments:

Roxy said...

Wow patience paid off absoultely gorgeous...:) are you going to do any videos for water coloring?

Dotty Jo said...

This is stunning, great work, Jo x

I Card Everyone said...

Absolutely worth every second of waiting... gorgeous, Karin!
=] M

Janet D. said...

OH so pretty!

Lisa Elton said...

Love this Karin! Hope you enjoyed a Happy Easter!

Miriam Prantner said...

So pretty, and worth the waiting!