Tuesday, July 28, 2015

My Favorite Things; Ingenious Inking; Resistance





Hi and welcome to a new My Favorite Things    Ingenious Inking hallenge ! This time we have been playing with different kinds of resistance.
On my first card I used a left over strip from another "old" card where I had embossed the balloon string bg with white embossing powder and then used watercolor to create a landscape scene (left). I think this strip created a totally different card - a more strict and stylish version. I think a monochromatic strip - like one left over from my ocean bg on my penguin card (right) would have made a really nice card too!




MFT_IngeniousInking_SideBar

For my second card I also used heat embossing for resistance and then instead of watercolor used daubers to apply some hybridink: Banana Split, Orange Zest, Jelly Bean and Sour Apple.





Make sure you vist the MFT blog where there are links to my super talented teamies for more inspiration on how to use resistance technique and how to take your MFT supplies even further!








 Please pop over to MFT to check out the latest inspiration from my teamies and leave some love!



If you want to see more of my MFT cards, you can visit my My Favorite Things board on Pinterest:

Have a great day, hugs, Karin



11 comments:

donna mikasa said...

Even that sliver of your awesome background is amazing! And your rose background is just gorgeous!

Kara said...

I love the gorgeous lanscape background!!

~amy~ said...

Karin, I love them all...love your cards!

I Card Everyone said...

Karin I adore your cards ... and have been on the waiting list for those BG Roses since their premier!!! So gorgeous! Love that two of my faves used this fabulous balloon strings bg for their cards! Now I must try to recreate [CASE] them!
=] Michele

jan metcalf said...

Love your landscape resistance! And the card with the peek a boo landscape, genius design! Love the full landscape too!

Redanne said...

Just had to come over to say how much I love the landscape card, it is gorgeous and I love how you used the strip to make another beautiful card. The balloon strings background is certainly a very versatile stamp... Love your other cards too. Anne xx

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful cards! I love the softness of the flowers, but the first is my favorite. What a bold statement with such a small sliver of goodness, and the fact that it was a leftover piece is a huge bonus!

Audrey Pettit said...

Omgosh, your cards are so gorgeous, Karin! I am in awe of what you did with that balloon string background stamp! I would never think of using it to create a hillside scene like that, and I am in LOVE! Love how you used just a small leftover slice on the side of your card, too. Makes such a bold and graphic statement. That floral panel is absolutely amazing, too! Bravo!

Happy Dance said...

Fantastic, Karin! The strip on your first card is wonderful; keeps everything so CAS lovely with just the right amount of color and texture. Those roses are also gorgeous. Soooo elegant. Bev

Michelle said...

Wow, Karin! That landscape you've created is AMAZING!! Gorgeous, gorgeous cards.

Daria said...

Both of your cards are wonderful.