Thursday, June 18, 2015

MFT Summer School - Lines

Hi!

This is how Susan Opel describes today's lesson at MFT's summer school: Line – Horizontal lines can be calm and quiet or an anchor, while vertical lines can convey movement. over the design. This is under the umbrella of creating balance - the way the elements of a card (lines, shapes, colors, textures, etc.) are arranged to create a feeling of stability; a pleasing or harmonious arrangement or proportion in a card design. And this is my take;


I used the panda set from the latest release - oh how I love that set (-: and diecut some bamboo sticks to  run across my card.









More lines inspiration:



 Please pop over to MFT to check out the latest inspiration from my teamies and leave some love!




If you want to see more of my MFT cards, you can visit my My Favorite Things board on Pinterest:

Have a great day, hugs, Karin

5 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Just darling, Karin! I love what you've done with this set!
=] Michele

Audrey Pettit said...

Awww, what an adorable card, Karin! Love that panda, and what a super fun use of lines in design!

Miriam Prantner said...

What a great way to use those bamboo sticks, the coloring on them looks amazing too!

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific lines made from the bamboo Karin!! Another fabulous card!

Happy Dance said...

This is definitely perfectly balanced, and quite harmonious. Sweet little panda between your lines. Love that blue speech bubble; it add just the right amount of interesting color. Really cute card! Bev