Wednesday, July 20, 2016

#WorldWatercolorMonth Day 15 and 17 Silver ware and coffe cup

#WorldWatercolorMonth Day 15 and 17 Silver ware and coffe cup

Hi! I'm playing along with the 31-day Watercolor challenge on Charlie O'Shield's (Doodlewash) blog called #WorldWatercolorMonth. And Oh My is this a challenge! Silverware ??? My comfort zone is landscape painting where there aren't really rules for how stones or trees might look - but a spoon must look like a spoon lol... Here's my attempt. I used my beautiful Måsen (seagull) coffee cup that I collected when I was younger. I don't remember when I used them last, but now I got a reason to look at them closely (-:
#WorldWatercolorMonth





For more info click this image:

World Watercolor Month July 2016 Banner with metal watercolor palette

I'm using Charie's prompts page where he has suggested a subject for each day and today's theme was: Sea Shells.

If you want to view more of my watercolors I've collected some on my Watercolors page HERE
or you can follow me on instagram


Happy Painting, hugs, Karin

I've created a page HERE with pictures of subjects I've painted in case you'd like to use them for reference. You are more than welcome to use them for your creative projects as long as you let me know and link back to my blog.

Seashell Flower Fruit Feather Dessert Dinner Trees Bird Mountain Pet Favorite Drink Vegetable Breakfast Leaves Silverware Nuts Coffee Cup Flowers Insect Windmill Zoo Animal Figure Drawing Musical Instrument Clothing Self-Portrait Berries Goldfish Baby Seascape Jellyfish Fireworks

I'm also sharing this with the wonderful 30-day coloring challenge that super talented Kathy Racoosing is hosting again this year .
challenge_graphic-July16_notaking-650

#thedailymarker30day

10 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

What an amazing artist you are! I love seeing your work on Instagram! Thank you for sharing them here! Hugs!

Dotty Jo said...

This is stunning, Jo x

Lisa Elton said...

Your spoon looks like a spoon and the cup and saucer look like a cup and saucer!! Bravo Karin, you did it and you did it WELL!!

Lisaerica said...

Karin, they came out perfect and pretty. Like they say to talented singers, you can sing the phone book, you can paint anything. Your to hard on yourself, I absolutely love your work. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

I Card Everyone said...

I do hope there is a prize involved, Karin, I would certainly give you my vote!!! xx
=]

Aileen said...

Stunning, you are so talented. Overtime I see something you have coloured/painted I am just stunned. This has to be my most popular so far. amazing

Kathy said...

I can't tel you how much I loveeeee this. Stunning, amazing and incredible. wowoowowowow Hugs, Kathy

Rushd Lady said...

You did wonderfully well on that spoon and by the way, the teacup too! I can see why Kathy Racoosin featured you this week as I absolutely love your watercoloring. sigh! if I ever got this good, I'd be in heaven! grin! I'm basically a cartoon with a color wash. Congrats!

Paulette S said...

This water color seagull cup with saucer and spoon is Stunning, Karen!
Craftqueen417 at yahoo

haseeb ali said...

You lucky lucky thing! Sounds like such a fun experience. I'd love a posh ice cream maker but I do have a little Kenwood one where you freeze the bowl - obviously it's not as convenient but it does work very well and it makes some gorgeous ice cream. You'll never want to go back to the shop bought stuff! coffee cocktails