Tuesday, July 5, 2016

#WorldWatercolorMonth Day 2: Flowers




Hi! I'm playing along with the 31-day Watercolor challenge on Charlie O'Shield's (Doodlewash) blog called #WorldWatercolorMonth. Charlie started this to inspire people to paint but also to raise awareness for children in need of art supplies and art education around the globe!.
#WorldWatercolorMonth

These are orchids I photographed when I visited the orchid garden in the Botanical Garden in Rio de Janeiro. Such an amazing place!

For more info click this image:

World Watercolor Month July 2016 Banner with metal watercolor palette

I'm using Charie's prompts page where he has suggested a subject for each day and today's theme was: Flowers.

I'm also entering this for the wonderful 30-day coloring challenge that super talented Kathy Racoosing is hosting again this year - and do I agree with her when she says that coloring, if only for a few minutes a day makes you so much happier. When I paint or color I forget everything round me and totally relax. What if I could finish off my workday by coloring for 15 minutes - I'd come home a much better person. (-: 

challenge_graphic-July16_notaking-650

#thedailymarker30day

If you want to view more of my watercolors I've collected some on my Watercolors page HERE
or you can follow me on instagram


Happy Painting, hugs, Karin

Need inspiration/photos to use as I've created a page HERE with pictures of subjects I've painted in case you'd like to use them for reference. You are more than welcome to use them for your creative projects as long as you let me know and link back to my blog.


8 comments:

Katie Ann Brooks said...

so realistic!

Susie Sonnier said...

WOW!!!!!

Aileen said...

This is so beautiful, your choice of colours and your colouring of the flower is superb.

Carol H. said...

You are so, so talented! This is beautiful!

Keren Baker said...

Amazing! So beautiful!

Carol said...

Gorgeous work, Karin! Beautiful use of colour. Love the detail and depth you achieved.

Jeanne said...

Glorious and gorgeous is what this is, for sure. I so appreciate you sharing all your watercolors this month. This one took my breath away.

Rushd Lady said...

Absolutely breathtaking! Love your watercoloring!