Sunday, July 10, 2016

#WorldWatercolorMonth Day 7: Trees, Day 8: Bird Day 9: Mountains

#WorldWatercolorMonth Day 7: Trees, Day 8: Bird Day 9: Mountain

Hi! I'm catching up on the  31-day Watercolor challenge I'm playing along with on Charlie O'Shield's (Doodlewash) blog called #WorldWatercolorMonth. Charlie started this to inspire people to paint but also to raise awareness for children in need of art supplies and art education around the globe!.
#WorldWatercolorMonth


Well, I could hardly fit any more trees into this painting could I? Great practice!


 For my mountains I got frustrated and threw it in the waste, but then thought I might as well share my effort and took some pictures of it before I cut it apart to use as scraps for testing colors. Now that I look at it two days later I think I could as well have given it another chance...
And last is a quick sketch of a bird... Now on to tackle Day 10 - A Pet - will be fun!
Have a great day!




For more info click this image:

World Watercolor Month July 2016 Banner with metal watercolor palette

I'm using Charie's prompts page where he has suggested a subject for each day and today's theme was: Sea Shells.

If you want to view more of my watercolors I've collected some on my Watercolors page HERE
or you can follow me on instagram

And this was my painting for my ordinary post called Sunday Watercolors:


Happy Painting, hugs, Karin

I've created a page HERE with pictures of subjects I've painted in case you'd like to use them for reference. You are more than welcome to use them for your creative projects as long as you let me know and link back to my blog.

The month's prompts are: 
Seashell Flower Fruit Feather Dessert Dinner Trees Bird Mountain Pet Favorite Drink Vegetable Breakfast Leaves Silverware Nuts Coffee Cup Flowers Insect Windmill Zoo Animal Figure Drawing Musical Instrument Clothing Self-Portrait Berries Goldfish Baby Seascape Jellyfish Fireworks

I'm also entering the trees for the wonderful 30-day coloring challenge that super talented Kathy Racoosing is hosting again this year - and do I agree with her when she says that coloring, if only for a few minutes a day makes you so much happier. When I paint or color I forget everything round me and totally relax. What if I could finish off my workday by coloring for 15 minutes - I'd come home a much better person. (-: 

challenge_graphic-July16_notaking-650

#thedailymarker30day

If you want to view more of my watercolors I've collected some on my Watercolors page HERE
or you can follow me on instagram

5 comments:

martha said...

You do gorgeous work! I am just learning how to water color. Cannot fathom how you paint so well. Really beautiful work.

Unknown said...

Wow. Gorgeous landscape!

Karren said...

These are amazing! I am in awe of your talent!

ChristineCreations said...

AH-MAY-zing! Such beautiful work!

Audrey Pettit said...

Oh, I am in awe! These are SO beautiful, Karin!